Friday, July 3, 2015

Cake Baking Made Easy

One thing I missed more than anything after I became gluten free was dessert. That may have been the hardest thing to figure out. Well, thanks to Betty Crocker and some trial and error, well can you call it error when you still get a cake out of it) I have a fool proof recipe. And I am about to share it with you!

I have made chocolate and strawberry cake this way (obviously subbing the appropriate mixes) and a friend did to and it was a hit!

Enough suspense...here is what you need:

 Cause we are making Strawberry Cake!!

The actual recipe list is as follows:

2 Cups Half and Half
1 Stick of Butter - Softened
1 Tablespoon Vanilla
3 Eggs
1 Package Strawberries and Creme Pudding Mix (Jell-O brand is gluten free)
1 Yellow Cake Mix (gluten free) - Betty Crocker
1 Pint Fresh Strawberries

You can make your own frosting but this time I used Betty Crocker's Vanilla Frosting (also Gluten Free). It is REALLY good with this cake!

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray pans with PAM
Slice strawberries and set aside. 
Mix all other ingredients together well in mixer. I use my Kitchen Aid on slow for 1 minute then on 3 for 3-4 minutes. Making sure to periodically scrape the sides of the bowl to incorporate all the ingredients. If you want to you can mix in a 1/4 to 1/3 of the sliced strawberries. 
Bake for 41 minutes or until a toothpick poked into the center comes out clean. 

Allow to cool completely and frost with vanilla frosting. Top with strawberries or any other toppings you would like to.

I did a 9x13 cake but my friend GM did a 8 inch round layer cake. Both turned out beautifully!



Trust me - you won't regret making this cake!!! Enjoy!

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment